The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2020 4:24 pm  #1

Aerosmith Drummer Sues To Get Back Into Band

How ironic. Aerosmith told their drummer to beat it! But he's determined to be back behind the kit. Enter the lawyers. (Perhaps he should call Pete Best for some additional advice.)

Aerosmith drummer sues to rejoin band for Grammy honours 

January 23, 2020 6:16 am  #2

Re: Aerosmith Drummer Sues To Get Back Into Band

I suspect there's more to this than the fact he was out for six months, then didn't pass an audition.  Unless there's a really important underlying reason, I think it stinks that he's out.

January 25, 2020 12:51 am  #3

January 25, 2020 5:02 am  #4

if they weren't before, i guess aerosmith is officially an oldies act now. lawsuits will do the trick every time almost, it seems.

there is something else going on, of course, beats me what nor do i care in particular.

anyone who knows of modern drum triggering mic systems would likely not suggest kramer can't continue to play. def leppard's drummer has done just fine with only one available arm for many years and as far as i know, replacement wasn't even a consideration in his case.

moulty didn't even need electronic supplication. though, granted, he wasn't playing in a band with aerosmith's 'arena'.

i wouldn't say the band is giving oldies acts a rep they haven't already established in many cases, but it would appear that aerosmith are certainly continuing a sort of pattern, if not tradition, which i think does exist, or is  seen to, by an observant public, within the genre.

such attitude and behaviour ain't helpful to rock'n'roll, regardless of how ya throw it down.

Last edited by gopher (January 25, 2020 7:00 am)

February 12, 2020 5:22 pm  #5

Board footera