The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2020 8:47 pm  #1

James Taylor: "I Was A Bad Influence On The Beatles"

If you don't know all that much about James Taylor, this article certainly gives you a lot to think about. He opens up about the time he auditioned for the Beatles, his drug use, his troubles with an alcoholic father, his time in a psychiatric hospital, and those years in the Canyon with Joni Mitchell. An interesting read about an interesting artist. 

'I was a bad influence on the Beatles': James Taylor on Lennon, love and recovery 

----------------------------------------------

"His friend had given him the number of Peter Asher, the brother of McCartney’s then girlfriend Jane Asher; he had just been hired as a talent scout for the Beatles’ new label. Asher liked Taylor’s demo and arranged an audition with McCartney and Harrison. “I was very nervous. But I was also, you know, on fire,” he laughs. “In my sort of mellow, sensitive way.” He played his song Something In the Way She Moves (a line Harrison pinched for the opening line of his song Something) and they signed him then and there to make his eponymous first album."

February 18, 2020 10:03 am  #2

Re: James Taylor: "I Was A Bad Influence On The Beatles"

yes, terrible experiences i'm sure he was sure the beatles were paying attention to, aside from his songs which weren't there yet.

what a wanking diva.

Board footera