The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2019 8:21 am  #1

"David Crosby: Remember My Name" review

Legendary rocker David Crosby has never been one to mince words, but in A.J. Eaton’s startlingly intimate documentary “David Crosby: Remember My Name,” the singer and guitarist finally uses his words to tap into something long-necessary: genuine self-reflection. Eaton’s film goes deep with the musician, and quickly. Within the first five minutes of “Remember My Name,” Crosby has already confessed twice how fervently he does not want to die (the concerns are real, as his wife Jan ticks off his many ailments, from a liver transplant to diabetes) and how deeply he regrets some of the wildness of his earlier years.

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/01/david-crosby-remember-my-name-review-the-legendary-rocker-gets-real-and-raw-sundance_partner/

February 7, 2019 10:27 am  #2

Re: "David Crosby: Remember My Name" review

Anyone have any idea where this documentary can be viewed?  Is it in release in theaters now?  Netflix?

February 7, 2019 10:50 am  #3

The following was in a footnote at the end of the article, but it was after an ad and so it could be easily missed.

'"David Crosby: Remember My Name” premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. Sony Pictures Classics acquired it at the festival and will distribute it later this year.'

February 7, 2019 9:06 pm  #4

Thanks for the info Lorne.  I'll be watching for this.  Whenever I think of Crosby I remember reading about him having an altercation with one of the Ed Sullivan Show staff when the Byrds made their first and only appearance.  The group was never invited back again.  Not knowing any of the details my guess would still  be that Crosby's "wildness" was the cause.

Board footera