The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2020 8:37 pm  #1

Elton John lays off band after losing US$75M due to cancelled tour

Elton John has reportedly been left “bereft” after taking a significant US$75 million hit after the coronavirus forced him to cancel his farewell tour.
According to The Mail on Sunday, the Tiny Dancer star and partner David Furnish had anticipated the cash would see the star into his retirement, and it is believed the hitmaker is unlikely to receive any insurance payout for the losses.
https://canoe.com/entertainment/celebrity/elton-john-lays-off-band-after-losing-us75-million-due-to-cancelled-tour

June 2, 2020 8:08 am  #2

Re: Elton John lays off band after losing US$75M due to cancelled tour

Maybe we should start a Go-Fund-Me account for him.

June 2, 2020 12:03 pm  #3

Yes ... I have a lot of sympathy and concern for how this situation is affecting people, but considering how much John is worth overall I think that he could be handling this better. 

June 2, 2020 12:38 pm  #4

Yes, I have a little problem with someone worth $445 million, telling me he may not make it thru retirement.

June 2, 2020 6:58 pm  #5

memphis boy wrote:

Yes, I have a little problem with someone worth $445 million, telling me he may not make it thru retirement.

david crosby claims to have the same 'problem'. he recently said he was afraid that not being able to tour might cost him his house.

turns out, he apparently owns at least three houses and a ranch.

Last edited by gopher (June 3, 2020 7:05 am)

June 2, 2020 7:17 pm  #6

exactly. 

June 3, 2020 7:46 am  #7

I feel the same way as everyone.  

Also, it ticks me off when celebrities (such as Elton)  get on TV to do a song or comedy and they're telling us we're all in this together...while they are  in these beautiful living rooms and home studios.  The straw that broke the camel's back for me was Tim McGraw singing a song while he sat on a diving board with some kind of body of water behind him.  Yeah, we're all in this together.

June 6, 2020 3:05 pm  #8

Poor guy.

While many musicians will take a financial hit due to the cancellation of their tours because of the COVID-19 pandemic, at this moment in 2020, quite a few of your favorite artists are doing just fine, according to Forbes.The publication's annual list of the World's Highest-Paid Celebrities has pop-rock great Elton John as the top-ranked musician at #14, with earnings of $81 million over the past year. Elton's earnings were bolstered by his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour, which grossed $212 million last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/elton-john-rolling-stones-phil-collins-make-forbes-list-of-highest-paid-celebrities/ar-BB152KLL

Last edited by It's me Karen (June 6, 2020 3:05 pm)

Board footera