The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2020 8:29 pm  #1

Tina Turner ??

I'm hearing rumours that Tina Turner is in hospital with some sort of intestinal cancer, and not doing well..  Does anyone have any valid information? I saw the Ike & Tina Turner Revue many years ago, and have been a big fan ever since.

July 14, 2020 9:24 pm  #2

Re: Tina Turner ??

Haven't seen anything about her health, but she's all over the Internet the last 24 hours for an entirely different reason.
(Although I think the "coming out of retirement" references are a bit exaggerated to help sell the remix. She is 80 after all.) 

Tina Turner comes out of retirement with a remix of 'What's Love Got To Do With It?'

July 15, 2020 9:36 am  #3

Cloud9 wrote:

I'm hearing rumours that Tina Turner is in hospital with some sort of intestinal cancer, and not doing well..  Does anyone have any valid information? I saw the Ike & Tina Turner Revue many years ago, and have been a big fan ever since.

A lot of the stories I found on the web appear to be from 2018, when she was, in fact, quite ill. But her condition has since improved.

This is from 2019, so it's over a year old. But Snopes.com, the myth-busting website, offers the rumor only middling credibility. 

Is Tina Turner ‘Gravely Ill’ With Stomach Cancer or Other Disease?

July 22, 2020 12:22 am  #4

In 2018 someone misread or misquoted an interview she gave and made a Facebook post saying she was on her deathbed. Funny, when I first saw it, she was in the middle of a big UK tour...

Tom Diehl

July 22, 2020 6:37 pm  #5

StereoTom wrote:

In 2018 someone misread or misquoted an interview she gave and made a Facebook post saying she was on her deathbed. Funny, when I first saw it, she was in the middle of a big UK tour...

i don't call it 'foolbook' for nothing. it is not a legitimate news source.

Last edited by gopher (July 22, 2020 6:38 pm)

Board footera