The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2020 10:44 pm  #1

Q&A: Gordon Lightfoot ...

... on staying fit, his favourite Drake album and some ambitious post-pandemic plans
https://torontolife.com/city/qa-gordon-lightfoot-on-staying-fit-his-favourite-drake-album-and-some-ambitious-post-pandemic-plans/

July 6, 2020 11:43 am  #2

Re: Q&A: Gordon Lightfoot ...

Thanks, Lorne.  Always enjoy your Lightfoot updates.  He is very popular with the YouTube reactors.
Words of wisdom for today:  Gordon Lightfoot "I do my own trash."

July 9, 2020 9:03 pm  #3

And I always appreciate the positive reactions from Americans (and those in other countries as well) to my postings about Canadian artists. So in case you haven't seen it, here's Gordon performing as part of our Canada Day celebrations last week. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRQnbAtmLs

July 14, 2020 6:05 pm  #4

Thanks for that link, Lorne, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on watching that.  I saw the thumbnail to it and I was mortified at how bad he looks.  I couldn't watch it.  Maybe I could listen, though.

A comment someone posted on one of the reaction sites today - Gordon Lightfoot has always rocked the world in a gentle way.  What a beautiful way to say it.

July 15, 2020 9:42 am  #5

I understand, Flo ... I certainly noticed how he looked as well. On the positive side, I was very impressed by his performance. Although he could have easily decided to retire from performing by now, it's great that he still wants to do so and especially that he could be part of our Canada Day celebrations. And he was standing very strongly throughout his performance, which impressed me as well. But yes, you might like to just listen to him still rocking the world in his gentle way ... that is definitely a beautiful way of describing him. 

Board footera