The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2020 7:25 pm  #1

Bob Dylan Has Written The Liner Notes For Dion’s Blues With Friends

Dion’s friends on ‘Blues With Friends’ include Billy Gibbons, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen and Van Morrison but there is one name on the album who actually doesn’t sing one note. Bob Dylan wrote the liner notes.
http://www.noise11.com/news/bob-dylan-has-written-the-liner-notes-for-dions-blues-with-friends-20200726

July 26, 2020 10:28 pm  #2

Re: Bob Dylan Has Written The Liner Notes For Dion’s Blues With Friends

While I was rambling about the story of Dion, I noticed a reference to an article about Dion and Sam Cooke.  I found it very interesting, as it supported a story I had been told by a DJ buddy of mine who worked in Dallas.  He said that he had spent part of an afternoon with Sam and found him to be very business oriented, didn't travel with a herd of friends but was very comfortable to be around.  I still remember being on the air that night when word of his demise hit the news wire.  I'll also mention that it's great to see Dion getting the recognition he deserves. 

July 27, 2020 9:30 pm  #3

Re: Bob Dylan Has Written The Liner Notes For Dion’s Blues With Friends

i just got the album, can't wait to listen to it tonight. another of dion's friends on the album is, arguably the greatest living blues slide guitarist, sonny landreth.

Board footera