The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2020 4:56 pm  #31

Re: An Oldie But A Goodie

This one is incredible with how close it adheres to the original. Amazing. 

June 20, 2020 9:49 pm  #32

I guess it's possible this could really happen...

June 25, 2020 7:46 am  #33

June 29, 2020 11:00 am  #34

Sorry Jim! Didn't know I was stealing your thunder! By the way, what shift did you work during your time in radio? If it was evenings, perhaps it was you Glen Campbell was singing about in "Southern Nights!"

July 3, 2020 8:49 am  #35

July 8, 2020 7:28 am  #36

August 2, 2020 6:24 pm  #37

August 2, 2020 6:48 pm  #38

This one took me a second. But it's what happens when you take Bobby Vee too literally. And yes, I counted - there are actually a thousand of them!

August 7, 2020 10:05 am  #39

August 8, 2020 9:05 am  #40

aflem wrote:

I really laughed out loud at this one.

Lorne, don't you have a story about this lyric pertaining to a coworker?  I could be wrong.

August 8, 2020 10:13 am  #41

It's me Karen wrote:

Lorne, don't you have a story about this lyric pertaining to a coworker?  I could be wrong.

Well, I wasn't big on that song ... and one day when it was playing on the radio where I worked, I made a joking comment to a coworker about that being a really profound lyric. She responded with something like, "Yes, isn't it?" that told me she thought I was being serious, and I thought that it was best that I not tell her otherwise. ☺ So I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to, but it was kind of amusing. 

August 9, 2020 8:10 am  #42

Lorne wrote:

It's me Karen wrote:

Well, I wasn't big on that song ... and one day when it was playing on the radio where I worked, I made a joking comment to a coworker about that being a really profound lyric. She responded with something like, "Yes, isn't it?" that told me she thought I was being serious, and I thought that it was best that I not tell her otherwise. ☺ So I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to, but it was kind of amusing. 

Yes, that was it.

August 9, 2020 9:26 am  #43

It's me Karen wrote:

Yes, that was it.

I was called the "Board Historian" on the old board, but you remember postings from there far better than I do -- even ones of my own. I hadn't even been thinking about that incident until you asked me about it, so I was surprised and very impressed that you'd be remembering this. I'll add that the lyric was probably better than I gave Nicks credit for, especially for anyone who was into the song ... the real problem being that I wasn't, and by the time I made the comment I was very tired of hearing it. 

August 10, 2020 7:17 am  #44

Lorne wrote:

It's me Karen wrote:

Yes, that was it.

I was called the "Board Historian" on the old board, but you remember postings from there far better than I do -- even ones of my own. I hadn't even been thinking about that incident until you asked me about it, so I was surprised and very impressed that you'd be remembering this. I'll add that the lyric was probably better than I gave Nicks credit for, especially for anyone who was into the song ... the real problem being that I wasn't, and by the time I made the comment I was very tired of hearing it. 

Thanks Lorne.  At home I've always been the one to remember incidents.  Sometimes when my siblings are together, I'll reminisce about something and none of them remember it, even if pertains to them.

August 10, 2020 11:41 am  #45

Yes, this is very much along the same lines as what you mention about your siblings. When I saw your comment, I actually wondered if you might be thinking of something someone else had said. On the old board I remember once making a negative comment about a song, but regretting that I had done so when I then saw that one of the regulars had already posted that it was very significant to him. And back in the 1980s, I did something similar with a friend named Laura and the song Think Of Laura. I think my friend had made a bit of a lighthearted comment about it which prompted me to say something lighthearted but negative ... but then she told me that she liked the song. Fortunately she didn't mind my comment, but I regretted having said that as well. Regrets, I've had a few ... but then again, too many to mention. 

August 11, 2020 8:21 am  #46

August 14, 2020 9:40 am  #47

August 17, 2020 2:20 pm  #48

September 22, 2020 3:31 pm  #49

October 6, 2020 10:57 am  #50

An early Halloween treat.

October 18, 2020 11:26 am  #51