The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2020 7:43 pm  #1

The Beatles As You've Never Heard Them Before

This is by no means new, but I've never heard them before. It's a YouTube section dedicated to isolating various parts of Beatles songs, mostly their vocals. The tracks contain no music for the most part - just the isolated voices of John Lennon or Paul McCartney (and sometimes both) singing songs all of us know by heart - but have never quite heard this way. 

It's kind of interesting to listen to just their harmonies as they croon out songs like "A Hard Day's Night," "Day Tripper," "Paperback Writer," "I Feel Fine" and more. There's also the occasional video that lets you hear just the guitar work and none of the vocals, another unique way of hearing these classics in a brand new way.  I have no idea where this guy got these from, but they prove just how good The Beatles were. 

Here are a few examples:

You can find all 19 here.

Last edited by aflem (September 1, 2020 7:45 pm)

September 1, 2020 8:38 pm  #2

Re: The Beatles As You've Never Heard Them Before

I just listened to "She's Leaving Home" from the Sgt. Pepper LP. At the 16 second mark, there is a very noticeable sighing breath pause from McCartney that either is covered by the music on the album or didn't made it onto the song. Quite a remarkable thing to hear for the first time. I never knew it was there. 

September 2, 2020 4:06 am  #3

Re: The Beatles As You've Never Heard Them Before

yes, this sort of thing can be most interesting and enlightening to be sure. ya ever heard the isolated linda mccartney vocals from a wings show, which were widely distributed on cassette (maybe as part of the "audio oddities" series?) and also bootlegged to the internet before the advent of youtube? if not, i assume they're still ou there, and maybe even on the 'tube.

Board footera