The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2020 6:14 pm  #1

A Personal Blast From The Past

Please excuse my getting personal, but I have to share this info with friends and those are you guys on the board.  Last night I got an E-Mail from a fellow named Jerry.  He mentioned that he had lived in Connecticut in his younger days (1964) and had listened to the "Jim Southern Show" from KXLF in Butte, MT.  It seems that most radio stations in the east signed off at midnight on Sunday nights and our channel 1370 AM had nothing on it but us.  He stated that I had written him a letter thanking him and sent him a KXLF survey as well.  He sent along the KXLF chart, a WMCA chart and a copy of the letter I had written to him.  I knew I had heard from someone back there but to have it verified was a major kick.  The WMCA chart had a group picture of the "Good Guys" and they were...Joe O'Brien, Harry Harrison, Jack Spector, Dan Daniel and B. Mitchell Reed.  The XL guys on our list were Gary Peterson, the famed Lloyd Lindsey Young and Jim Southern.  FYI...The WMCA #1 was "8 Days A Week" and the XL chart topper was....."White Cliffs Of Dover" by Sir Raleigh & Cupons.  Ah...cherished memories.

November 16, 2020 6:11 am  #2

Re: A Personal Blast From The Past

What a great story!  

November 16, 2020 9:31 am  #3

Ditto Jim

November 16, 2020 1:39 pm  #4

Thanks for sharing Jim.  It's super when someone appreciates you and returns the memories from the past.

Board footera