The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2019 2:09 am  #1

Grace Slick and Her New Business Arrangement with Chick-fil-A

This is kind of interesting.  Grace Slick makes a point with a kind of double entendre.  A double negative - I had to read it twice to really understand what she was doing and why.  She is a shrewd businesswoman.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grace-slick-licenses-song-to-chick-fil-a-gives-proceeds-to-lgbtq-rights-organization/?fbclid=IwAR1zCqRCOwHQhtmYIcr56oHK0xfXYBHG47EnkGSnysYZ80LkRkOyrMC8B54

Last edited by Little Rich (February 28, 2019 2:10 am)

February 28, 2019 6:22 am  #2

Re: Grace Slick and Her New Business Arrangement with Chick-fil-A

I'm confused.  And I'm not talking about the political aspect of this post.  I can't understand why Grace calls the song hers and why she was able to make the decision to use it in the commercial.  The song wasn't written by her, and she sang it along with Mickey Thomas for  the Starship.  Help, please.

February 28, 2019 1:56 pm  #3

Re: Grace Slick and Her New Business Arrangement with Chick-fil-A

It's me Karen wrote:

I'm confused.  And I'm not talking about the political aspect of this post.  I can't understand why Grace calls the song hers and why she was able to make the decision to use it in the commercial.  The song wasn't written by her, and she sang it along with Mickey Thomas for  the Starship.  Help, please.

You're right Karen - Rhino actually owns the rights to that song and Hammond, Warren and Hulle wrote the music. The article says she's donating her paycheck to the institutions - which paycheck?  She was lead singer but that's the closest link she has to the song.  I don't have a clue.

Board footera