The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2021 7:53 am  #1

Sarah Dash, a founding member of Labelle, dies at 76

Sarah Dash, co-founding member of the R&B/rock group Labelle, famous for the song “Lady Marmalade” died on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, at 76.
“We were just onstage together on Saturday [Sept. 18] and it was such a powerful and special moment,” Patti Labelle said in a statement. “Sarah Dash was an awesomely talented, beautiful and loving soul who blessed my life and the lives of so many others in more ways than I can say. I could always count on her to have my back. That's who Sarah was ... a loyal friend and a voice for those who didn't have one.
https://www.stlamerican.com/arts_and_entertainment/hot_sheet/sarah-dash-a-founding-member-of-labelle-dies-at-76/article_15c36a66-1ca6-11ec-830d-47b28cdbc9c2.html

September 28, 2021 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Sarah Dash, a founding member of Labelle, dies at 76

Lorne wrote:

Sarah Dash, co-founding member of the R&B/rock group Labelle, famous for the song “Lady Marmalade” died on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, at 76.
“We were just onstage together on Saturday [Sept. 18] and it was such a powerful and special moment,” Patti Labelle said in a statement. “Sarah Dash was an awesomely talented, beautiful and loving soul who blessed my life and the lives of so many others in more ways than I can say. I could always count on her to have my back. That's who Sarah was ... a loyal friend and a voice for those who didn't have one.
https://www.stlamerican.com/arts_and_entertainment/hot_sheet/sarah-dash-a-founding-member-of-labelle-dies-at-76/article_15c36a66-1ca6-11ec-830d-47b28cdbc9c2.html

was lucky enough to see and hear her twice as an x-pensive wino. what a powerful voice. also caught her on kimmel, or one of the late night shows, about a month ago promoting her new album. she still had it.

Last edited by gopher (September 28, 2021 6:24 pm)

Board footera