The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2021 8:49 am  #1

How To Watch The New Beatles Documentary For Almost Nothing

The highly anticipated release of "Get Back" is coming to Disney+ this month, but if you want to see it, you'll have to be a subscriber. It debuts at the end of November and now the streamer has announced a special rate for just this month - $1.99. 

After the initial sign up special, it reverts back to $8/month, but you can watch the 3-part documentary and cancel it before then. You have to enroll before Nov. 14th to get the deal, but if the Beatles special interests you, this is a very cheap way to see it - and all the other shows on the service. 

Disney is obviously hoping you'll like what you see and won't cancel. But if the Fab Four documentary is all you want, there's nothing to stop you from taking advantage of the one-time only offer. 

It appears to apply on both sides of the border, if you think it's worth the money. 

Beatles Fans: Disney+ Is $1.99 For First Month

Last edited by aflem (November 8, 2021 8:50 am)

November 8, 2021 1:45 pm  #2

Re: How To Watch The New Beatles Documentary For Almost Nothing

aflem wrote:

The highly anticipated release of "Get Back" is coming to Disney+ this month, but if you want to see it, you'll have to be a subscriber. It debuts at the end of November and now the streamer has announced a special rate for just this month - $1.99. 

After the initial sign up special, it reverts back to $8/month, but you can watch the 3-part documentary and cancel it before then. You have to enroll before Nov. 14th to get the deal, but if the Beatles special interests you, this is a very cheap way to see it - and all the other shows on the service. 

Disney is obviously hoping you'll like what you see and won't cancel. But if the Fab Four documentary is all you want, there's nothing to stop you from taking advantage of the one-time only offer. 

It appears to apply on both sides of the border, if you think it's worth the money. 

Beatles Fans: Disney+ Is $1.99 For First Month

..all i'm sayin' is, i'm sure it's a fine offer, but perhaps you'd best consider checking the fine print on those cancellation details before you dive.

Last edited by gopher (November 8, 2021 1:56 pm)

November 12, 2021 10:54 am  #3

On Sunday (Nov. 14th), CBS' 60 Minutes is doing a segment with director Peter Jackson in a kind of preview for the film. It airs in most markets at 7 pm, depending on football overruns in your time zone. You can see a very brief preview online at this site. 

November 14, 2021 11:07 pm  #4

After a long discussion with my wife, we finally sprang for Disney Plus and Discovery Plus and while I'm so happy to be able to see things I haven't seen or even thought of in decades, the fact that some things are deliberately left off due to political correctness (and new PC remakes are available in some cases) really upsets me.

Eventually we will cut the cable and go to just internet but I don't know how soon we will do that.

Tom Diehl

May 17, 2022 3:22 pm  #5

If you don't have Disney+ and always wanted to see the Beatles' Get Back documentary, there will soon be another way to do it. And this one's for keeps.

‘The Beatles: Get Back’ To Be Released On Blu-Ray And DVD

Board footera