The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2022 3:44 pm  #1

Beatles "Rooftop Concert" Begins Streaming On Thursday

If you've seen Peter Jackson's "Get Back," you've already watched the Beatles in their final live public performance on a rooftop in England, one of the most famous 40-minutes in music history. But if you haven't, you can finally get to see the entire performance when the footage starts streaming on Jan. 27th.

Not that there's a lot there. 

"Running at 40 minutes on the dot, according to the press release, the recording contains three takes of “Get Back,” two takes of “Don’t Let Me Down,” two of “I’ve Got A Feeling,” “One After 909,” “Dig A Pony,” and a little jam that includes “God Save The Queen” captured as a tape change over took place.

"While the Performance seems laser-targeted for completists, the release is still getting a massive push. ‌Tomorrow, the wickedly talented, one and only Norah Jones will release two rooftop tribute performance videos featuring songs from Let It Be on her YouTube page. Sirius XM’s Beatles Channel will debut the performance tomorrow at 11 a.m. EST, with commentary from Beatles historian, author, and radio producer Kevin Howlett.

"And what would a Beatles release be without a performance from Cirque du Soleil, who will also release a rooftop video of their own featuring cast members from Cirque’s The Beatles LOVE show."

Beatles to release Rooftop Performance for fans who really want to hear “Get Back” three times

January 28, 2022 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Beatles "Rooftop Concert" Begins Streaming On Thursday

"And what would a Beatles release be without a performance from Cirque du Soleil, who will also release a rooftop video of their own featuring cast members from Cirque’s The Beatles LOVE show."

Seriously?

January 29, 2022 1:01 pm  #3

Re: Beatles "Rooftop Concert" Begins Streaming On Thursday

I'm through part one and almost finished with part 2. I highly recommend it if you're a Beatle fan. 

Board footera