The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2022 11:02 am  #1

Any Ideas?

Looking for songs to add to a playlist with the theme "Loneliness of the performer's life on the Road".

Examples of songs that I have so far are Teen Age Idol by Ricky Nelson and Backstage by Gene Pitney.  Any other suggestions?

March 3, 2022 11:13 am  #2

Re: Any Ideas?

Not sure of your timeline, but how about "The Load-out/Stay" by Jackson Browne?

March 3, 2022 1:26 pm  #3

Just thought of another one - and it's right on topic. "Lodi" by CCR, about a musician who gets stuck in a California town with promises of fame and fortune that never came to pass.

March 3, 2022 3:41 pm  #4

Turn The Page - Bob Seger

March 3, 2022 3:44 pm  #5

Not sure if it fits your needs, John Anderson - Would You Catch A Falling Star

March 3, 2022 11:31 pm  #6

Interesting topic, and it brings to mind a couple of songs that I like which make reference to life on the road ... they might not fit well enough with what you're doing, but I'll mention them in case they help.
She Believes In Me - Kenny Rogers
Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg

March 3, 2022 11:39 pm  #7

I figured as soon as I posted I'd think of more, and I did. I think Wishing You Were Here by Chicago and Come Monday by Jimmy Buffett would both fit the theme. And then there's Please Come To Boston by Dave Loggins ... might be borderline again, but I'm passing along anything that I think could be a possibility.

March 4, 2022 2:31 pm  #8

Not sure of this one, because it's more about the listener than the performer, but how about "Superstar" by the Carpenters?

March 4, 2022 11:47 pm  #9

Homeward Bound - S & G
But You Know I Love You -  Kenny Rogers & First Edition

March 5, 2022 8:00 am  #10

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Board footera