The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2022 12:06 pm  #1

Chatting with Felix Cavaliere: The King of Blue-Eyed Soul

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Felix Cavaliere (The Rascals fame) chatted with Digital Journal’s Markos Papadatos about his highly-anticipated new book “Memoir of a Rascal.”
His songs helped define a generation. Cavaliere is a member of the following Halls of Fame: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Musicians Hall of Fame, the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame, among others.
https://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/chatting-with-felix-cavaliere-the-king-of-blue-eyed-soul/article

March 13, 2022 1:05 pm  #2

Re: Chatting with Felix Cavaliere: The King of Blue-Eyed Soul

when you hear King of Blue eyed Soul my first thought is Wayne Cochran, CC Ryder!

March 13, 2022 2:29 pm  #3

Re: Chatting with Felix Cavaliere: The King of Blue-Eyed Soul

I saw The Rascals on the comeback tour of 2013 put together by Steve Van Zandt, which featured all of the original members. The band was great and Felix hadn't lost anything vocally, but their other vocalist Eddie Brigati struggled a bit. It's too bad but I understand that the band has now fractured and are at each other's throats over the group name, etc. Felix put out a couple of terrific albums with Steve Cropper a dozen or so years ago, but they were sadly overlooked.

Board footera