The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2022 12:05 pm  #1

Dolly Parton Bows Out of Rock Hall Nomination

Dolly Parton is bowing out of her nomination for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
“Even though I’m extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I don’t feel that I have earned that right,” Parton said on social media on Monday (March 14). “I really do not want votes split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out.”
The nomination was Parton’s first for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, with the singer-songwriter being nominated alongside artists including Beck, Devo, Kate Bush, Eminem, Rage Against the Machine, Carly Simon and others.
https://www.billboard.com/music/country/dolly-parton-rock-hall-nomination-bow-out-1235043594/

March 14, 2022 4:24 pm  #2

Re: Dolly Parton Bows Out of Rock Hall Nomination

Well I guess it'll be up to that rock & roll dynamo, Carly Simon, to carry the torch. I'm surprised Dolly withdrew. I saw her do a live interview on HLN yesterday and she didn't say anything about bowing out. In fact, she said the next album she recorded would be a rock album so she could "live up to the nomination". 

March 15, 2022 12:08 am  #3

Dolly Parton bowing out - doesn't surprise me one iota.  She is the most humble (one attribute lost in the glitter and gold lexicon of the rich and famous), talented, giving, still-very-much-young artist and never passes judgement on people.  She is the epitome of a philanthropic humanitarian who uses here talents and labor to meet those ends.  She does not write and record music for money or recognition - instead, she does it for fun and to make the poor and wealthy happy!  Great very talented Lady!!!

March 15, 2022 8:22 am  #4

Eminem? Geez

March 17, 2022 10:58 pm  #5

The Hall has now issued a statement about this, saying that they will not remove her as a nominee. That doesn't surprise me, especially since she's currently in fourth place in the fan voting -- ahead of 13 other nominees. I wouldn't be surprised if she might even gain some support from people who appreciate the humility she's shown about this.
https://www.thewrap.com/dolly-parton-rock-and-roll-hall-request-denied-ballot/

March 19, 2022 4:08 am  #6

She was on Fox & Friends.  She said, “It kind of would be like putting AC/DC in the Country Music Hall of Fame.” 

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/dolly-parton-rock-hall-ac-dc-country-fame-1235207998/

March 19, 2022 6:16 pm  #7

Is it possible, just possible that she, like many people think the R&R H.O.F. is a joke?

Board footera