The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2022 12:44 pm  #1

Susan Jacks of The Poppy Family Has Died at 73

VANCOUVER (CelebrityAccess) Susan Jacks, who, with her husband Terry Jacks, was a member of the recording group, The Poppy Family, died from kidney disease on Monday (April 25). She was 73.
Jacks was born Susan Pesklevits into a family of eight children in Saskatoon and moved to British Columbia when she was 9. She got her start at the age of 15, appearing on the Canadian TV show Music Hop. In 1967, at the age of 19, she married Terry Jacks – after asking him to accompany her on guitar for an upcoming appearance. They began performing under the moniker Powerline and recruited Craig McCaw for lead guitar. They eventually changed the name to The Poppy Family, and Satwant Singh joined the group on tablas.
https://celebrityaccess.com/2022/04/26/susan-jacks-of-the-poppy-family-has-died-at-73/

April 26, 2022 1:46 pm  #2

Re: Susan Jacks of The Poppy Family Has Died at 73

Sad news. I know you were in contact with her and aware of her health issues over the last few years. "That's Where I Went Wrong" is still one of my favourite pop/country tunes from that era.

April 26, 2022 2:10 pm  #3

Re: Susan Jacks of The Poppy Family Has Died at 73

Yes, I was very saddened when I started seeing people post condolences on her Facebook page this morning. She had gone through a lot, but she kept managing to overcome her health challenges and her last message on March 7 was an optimistic one. And on a personal level, I was very appreciative of having become friends with her on FB and the messages that we exchanged ... it was really special to see how much she appreciated her fans. 

Board footera