The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2018 12:48 pm  #1

Glad Board Continues

Wasn't sure where and how to post a message. I think this is it.
Thanks for trying to continue Board. This has been a great site for years. I love the "news/bullentin board" of Ron's. I hope those type of messages continue for us "oldies" lovers!!
Superstar

December 30, 2018 10:07 pm  #2

Re: Glad Board Continues

Well, I was able to register using my old username and my old password.  Now, is there any way to still access or transfer any of the recent and older posts from the new site to this one?  And, how do you initiate a new thread on this site?  And I will show my age and experience by asking the question if any of you know what very popular crooner actually recorded a version of the Laurel and Hardy theme song "Dance of the Cuckoos"?  I know this actually falls outside of the usual parameter of an "oldies music" time frame but I ran across it while updating my collection of MP3s I have stored on my external hard drive.....

December 31, 2018 10:32 am  #3

It isn't possible to bring posts from the old site into this one. But since they would have eventually disappeared there anyway, I'm ok with that. And there's a New topic button in the lower right corner of the General Discussion screen that should allow you to start a new thread.

January 1, 2019 8:17 pm  #4

I have a 45 from the 60's on Motown credited to "The Ones". Anyone know anything about this group?
Superstar

January 1, 2019 8:28 pm  #5

Here's a brief description of The Ones.
http://www.mcrfb.com/?p=79234

January 1, 2019 8:29 pm  #6

Superstar wrote:

I have a 45 from the 60's on Motown credited to "The Ones". Anyone know anything about this group?
Superstar

You Haven't Seen My Love is great by them. Is that the 45 you have?

Tom Diehl

January 1, 2019 8:51 pm  #7

Hi All.  I would also like to thank Lorne and everybody else involved with this board.  I really didn't post much on the other board but I was a lurker.  ha ha ha  My real name is Gary but I go by jthyme.  Glad to be here but I just can't promise how much I will post but I'm sure you'll get my 2 cents worth at times.

January 2, 2019 12:04 am  #8

I've been checking the old board daily for over 20 years and only posted a couple of times.  I always learned something new.  Thank you  Lorne for being the keeper of this old flame.

January 3, 2019 6:46 pm  #9

Thanks for the info on "The Ones"!!!!
Superstar

January 25, 2019 6:10 pm  #10

is this board still active? I haven't seen anything new.
Superstar

January 26, 2019 11:22 am  #11

Yes, this board is still active. You can see the latest posts by going to the following link.
http://oldies.boardhost.com/search.php?action=show_24h
The only caveat is that if a post goes beyond a certain length, it will be cut off. But when that happens, you can use the "Go to post" link to view it in its entirety. 

January 26, 2019 7:18 pm  #12

Much like the old board, there isn't gobs and gobs of new activity daily.. I'm lucky if I remember to check in twice a week.

Tom Diehl

January 26, 2019 7:27 pm  #13

Very true. I've actually been happy with the activity level so far, and it's certainly made me feel that it was worthwhile to set up this new board. 

January 27, 2019 3:42 pm  #14

Personally, without metrics to substantiate it, I think there appears to be fairly good level of participation in this site.  Hopefully, it's not just the "novelty" of the new site.  Once again, thanks Lorne for your efforts to continue these conversations.  There's a vast amount of "corporate knowledge" being shared and I have learned a great deal from the contributors.

January 28, 2019 6:32 pm  #15

The board is now a month old, and there have been 185 posts. And although quite a few have related to the changeover to a new site, I still think that's a very good total.

Board footera