The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2023 12:13 am  #1

International Folk Music Awards to honor Janis Ian

Janis Ian will receive a lifetime achievement award at the International Folk Music Awards, which will be held at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Feb. 1 – the opening night of the Folk Alliance International’s 35th annual conference.
Ian is also nominated for artist of the year at the awards show, along with Aoife O’Donovan, Jake Blount, Leyla McCalla and Prateek Kuhad.
https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/2023-international-folk-music-awards-full-nominations-janis-ian-lifetime-achievement-award-1235195236/

January 18, 2023 6:45 pm  #2

Re: International Folk Music Awards to honor Janis Ian

Thanks for posting this Lorne.  She was one of those gems who shined bright in the darkest recesses of my digital collection.  I have her first two vinyls, the first (eponymous) of which was brilliant.  Admittedly, I haven't listened to it probably in the last 20 years.
When I googled her, I found that her latest album, The Light At The End Of The Line, was released January 21, 2022.  In fact, I took a double-take thinking this was a printing/publishing error, that it had to be 2023, not yet released.  NOT!  I checked on the tracks - all brand new, brilliant, every bit Janis Ian-style.  Wow!
I have every intent to play a few of these songs on my next show.

Board footera