The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2023 2:26 am  #1

Doo-Wop!!

I don't know if it's been mentioned here on the board before, but Dion singing "Shu Bop (The Lost Track)" just found it's way to my in box and what a treat it is.  A genuine "doo-wop" song featuring one of the very greatest of the stars of that beloved genre.  I'll always wish I could have sung in a group that did that, but having been a DJ back then is a thrill that I give thanks for every day!!

February 7, 2023 5:24 am  #2

Re: Doo-Wop!!

That's a good song. Some of Dion's later material was really stellar. I'm not too keen on most of his blues records but he puts out a gem now and then, still.

Tom Diehl

February 8, 2023 1:14 am  #3

Re: Doo-Wop!!

"...I'm not too keen on most of his blues records..."

You wouldn't like Dion's latest album, "Blues With Friends", released June 2020  It's all classic blues with accompaniments by both old and new blues superstars including Bruce Springsteen, Joe Bonamassa, Van Morrison, Stevie Van Zandt, to name a few.  One of the tracks is an accompaniment by one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Jeff Beck - one of Beck's last studio albums.  Dion's voice is every bit as good as it used to be, just a little different - heard no slackers on the album.  Great album!!!

Board footera