The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2023 9:02 am  #1

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Reveals 2023 Nominees

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame revealed the nominees for the Rock Hall’s Class of 2023 on Wednesday (Feb. 1), announcing the 14 (or 15, depending on how you look at it) acts eligible for induction into the Rock Hall this year.
The following artists are nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s Class of 2023: Art rock auteur Kate Bush; rootsy hitmaker Sheryl Crow; hip-hop iconoclast Missy Elliott; metal legends Iron Maiden; post-punk-turned-dance-rock pioneers Joy Division/New Order; eccentric pop icon Cyndi Lauper; pop titan George Michael; country GOAT Willie Nelson; rap-metal firebrands Rage Against the Machine; grunge trailblazers Soundgarden; soul vocal pros The Spinners; alt hip-hop progenitors A Tribe Called Quest; garage blues revivalists The White Stripes; and caustic singer-songwriter Warren Zevon.
https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/rock-hall-fame-2023-nominations-list-1235209024/

February 2, 2023 7:53 am  #2

Re: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Reveals 2023 Nominees

I've long since given up trying to figure out the criteria they use to elect membership to what is supposed to be a rock and roll hall of fame.  I look at this list of nominees (and look down the list of already-inducted members) and can't figure it out, when the likes of Dick Dale, Jan and Dean, Connie Francis, Chubby Checker,Tommy James, Mary Wells, The Carpenters and 3 Dog Night are snubbed. 

February 2, 2023 12:45 pm  #3

GrimsbyFan wrote:

I've long since given up trying to figure out the criteria they use to elect membership to what is supposed to be a rock and roll hall of fame.  I look at this list of nominees (and look down the list of already-inducted members) and can't figure it out, when the likes of Dick Dale, Jan and Dean, Connie Francis, Chubby Checker,Tommy James, Mary Wells, The Carpenters and 3 Dog Night are snubbed. 

I can only agree with that.

February 4, 2023 6:01 pm  #4

Like the politicians these days - follow the money!

Board footera