The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2023 9:00 pm  #1

Dionne Warwick, Dolly Parton Talk Gospel Duet “Peace Like a River”

Dolly Parton and Dionne Warwick sat down with Good Morning America to talk about their upcoming collaboration in the form of the Parton-penned song, “Peace Like a River.”
A coming together that Warwick considers “pre-ordained” and a project Parton calls “blessed,” it is a match that seems to be fated.
“I love Dionne and I’ve loved her for years,” Parton told GMA‘s Robin Roberts. “She’s always been one of my heroes in music because she’s a true stylist and I love people that are different. I’ve just always wished that I had some reason to get to sing with her and had the perfect song to do it.”
https://americansongwriter.com/dionne-warwick-dolly-parton-talk-gospel-duet-peace-like-a-river/

February 16, 2023 10:05 pm  #2

Re: Dionne Warwick, Dolly Parton Talk Gospel Duet “Peace Like a River”

Wow!  Two VERY TALENTED singers.  What a super interview with these two talented ladies.  Thanks Lorne.  I love their voices and songs they have released over the years.  Very different voices but very complementary.  Looking forward to hearing their mutual inspirational music.  Like Robin said: humble but very talented.  "Humility" is not in most talented people's lexicons.

Board footera