The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2023 9:05 am  #1

At 89, Frankie Valli Is Ready For One Last Encore

It's amazing that he's still out there doing limited tours at the age of 90. And Frankie Valli is still a surprising influence for everyone from modern crooners to current rappers, some of whom have sampled or borrowed parts of Four Seasons hits for their own recent records. 

The story below shows that the Seasons may change, but like Mother Nature, they just keep coming back every year. 

My favourite part of the article, though, concerns the last surviving member of the group besides Valli, Bob Gaudio, who wrote many of their biggest hits. He also has the say on who gets to use the classics, and is very aware of how many commercials would love to use the Four Seasons soundtrack. But the 80 year old often says no.

“I’m very careful with commercials because some of them are just goofy,” Gaudio notes on the phone from his home in Nashville. He regards an old denture-cream spot soundtracked by the Everly Brothers’ “Bye Bye Love” as a cautionary tale. “Even now I have to turn it off if it shows up on YouTube,” he says with a laugh. “It’s just terrible.”

At 89, Frankie Valli Is Ready For One Last Encore

Board footera