The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2023 8:09 am  #1

New Dion Collaboration with Carlene Carter, “An American Hero"

I think that Dion still sounds great on his latest release, and it's also nice to see him teaming up with Carlene Carter on it.
https://americansongwriter.com/check-out-rock-n-roll-pioneer-dions-patriotic-new-collaboration-with-carlene-carter-an-american-hero/

November 7, 2023 10:35 am  #2

Re: New Dion Collaboration with Carlene Carter, “An American Hero"

A very relevant nessage for this time in our history.  Dion's still got it.

November 8, 2023 4:10 pm  #3

Just two years ago - June 2020 - he released an album entitled Blues With Friends which included a bunch of brand new blues songs composed by Dion - all fourteen.  He collaborated nicely with several memorable experienced, talented, established artists in recording them including blues lifers Joe Louis Walker and Sonny Landreth, as well as rockers including Bruce Springsteen, Brian Setzer, Van Morrison, Stevie Van Zant and cap it off, a magnificent retrospective duo with Paul Simon on a great song, "Song For Sam Cooke (Here In America)."
Yes, Dion's still got it!

January 29, 2024 10:33 am  #4

His new collaboration LP is due out in March. The first single is out, called "I Aim To Please." 

Does he please? You can judge for yourself in the video below. 

Whatever your opinion, it's pretty amazing that, at 84, he's still making music. I can't think of many others from the late 50s and early 60s who are still at it. 

Dion's New Single Released

Board footera