The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2024 10:47 pm  #1

Elvis Presley's Graceland Not Up For Auction, Despite Ongoing Case

This story has been making headlines across North America and it may turn out to be one unbelievably audacious fraud, involving one of rock and roll's most famous icons. A company claims the late Lisa Marie Presley took out a multi-million dollar loan using Graceland as collateral and when she died without paying it off, it claims it has the right to auction off Graceland, The King's former home and tourist attraction, to the highest bidder. 

But a court has put at least a temporary halt to that plan, after Presley's granddaughter insisted there was no loan - and the guy whose signature is on the documents says he never even met Lisa Marie or signed anything. Meanwhile, no one can seem to get in touch with the firm involved. 

If this turns into a case of fraud, it may be one of the most brazen I've ever seen, using one of the world's most famous tourist attractions as the ultimate prize.

What a bizarre story. Stay tuned. This one isn't over yet. 

Graceland is not for sale, Elvis Presley’s granddaughter Riley Keough says in lawsuit

May 22, 2024 6:57 am  #2

Re: Elvis Presley's Graceland Not Up For Auction, Despite Ongoing Case

Just as I got to the end of your post, the story appeared on Fox News.  They are reporting there is a hearing on this today.

I remember the old American dream.  Work hard, save your money and you will do well.  Now the American dream is find somebody who worked hard, saved their money and sue them for it.

Last edited by Taz (May 22, 2024 6:58 am)

Life is not a float trip

May 22, 2024 9:43 am  #3

Judge issues injunction to stop foreclosure sale of Graceland mansion

Court is adjourned.

There are claims the company trying to foreclose doesn’t exist.  The notary who’s signature is on the document claims he didn’t notarize the document,

Life is not a float trip

May 22, 2024 1:36 pm  #4

Might wanna treat this as a rumor,  Fox News passed it along as something they heard but couldn't verify.  I'm not seeing it on any national news sites.

Investment company withdraws claim on Graceland

Last edited by Taz (May 22, 2024 3:11 pm)

Life is not a float trip

May 22, 2024 2:00 pm  #5

This whole thing smelled like Elvis at the end of a sweaty night on stage. I'm glad they put an end to it. I wonder if fraud charges against the supposed company will follow?

May 24, 2024 1:19 pm  #6

Life is not a float trip

August 16, 2024 12:29 pm  #7

Life is not a float trip

August 16, 2024 4:34 pm  #8

And what perfect timing - the anniversary of the day Elvis died. 

Board footera