The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2024 12:52 pm  #1

Reba McEntire Teams With Carole King For New TV Theme Song

Reba McEntire is back on network TV with a new sitcom called Happy's Place. It doesn't look like the kind of comedy that would interest me, but this does - the theme song for the program was written by star McEntire in collaboration with Carole King.

King, of course, is a veteran singer/songwriter who penned literally hundreds of hits for herself and other artists, starting in New York's Brill Building with partner Gerry Goffin back in the 60s. The duo turned out classic after classic and their songs became the soundtrack of many of our lives.

So what does this latest opus sound like? It's no "Cheers" theme, but anything that involves King is always worth a listen. Hear it below. 

Carole King teams with Reba McEntire to write theme song for Reba’s new sitcom, ‘Happy’s Place’

October 11, 2024 4:41 pm  #2

Re: Reba McEntire Teams With Carole King For New TV Theme Song

Thanks aflem.  This may sound strange, but I like many of the old TV theme songs with particular affinity to Cheers.   I can't pass judgement on the show itself until I've seen it but the music - you got it: anything with Carole King has to be good and this is.  That woman is very talented and has written many, many songs with her husband/co-author Gerry Goffen, several other songwriters as well as by herself - a true blessing to the musical arts.
Thanks again!

Board footera