The Oldies Music Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2019 9:23 pm  #1

Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings reunite for charity show

TORONTO -- Former Guess Who bandmates Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings reunited on Thursday for a charity concert of warm memories and unforgettable hits that marked their first time performing together in a decade.
The on-again, off-again musical partnership reached a high note at Music Under the City Stars, a fundraiser in support of Canada's Walk of Fame at Toronto's landmark Casa Loma, where the duo reminisced about the good times.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/warm-memories-hit-singles-randy-bachman-and-burton-cummings-reunite-for-charity-show-1.4514883

July 20, 2019 7:52 am  #2

Re: Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings reunite for charity show

I'm laughing about what Bachman said about the octaves in "These Eyes."  Great song.  I'd have to choose "No Time" as my favorite.

July 21, 2019 4:06 pm  #3

Re: Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings reunite for charity show

I'd be hard-pressed to choose any of their hits as "my favorite" - they are truly diverse in their style and very talented.  Just a few weeks ago, I devoted an entire 2-hour special on my radio show just to the Guess Who. Had a lot of call-in special requests and positive comments - lots of interest in them.

Board footera